Featured Vacation RentalWaikiki Deluxe Suite 1BR 1BA
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of your Condo Rental
Please read carefully and if have any questions give us a call
1. RESPONSIBLE PARTY: Manager and Tenant agree as follows: Tenant is an adult at least 25 years of age and will be an occupant of Property during the entire reserved period, unless other arrangements are approved in writing by Manager. Tenants and/or occupants valid government I.D. must be presented upon request. Tenant assumes responsibility for all actions of other occupants and guests. No keys or entry code will be issued to anyone who is not an adult 25 years of age. Persons not falling within the foregoing categories will be required to vacate the property immediately without any refund. Any reservation found to be obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check-in. Tenant agrees to comply with all posted condominium or condo-owner rules and regulations applicable to use of the Unit and the common areas.
2. CANCELLATION: Should Tenant wish to cancel their reservation, notice of cancellation must be in writing (email or fax okay), and it is Tenants responsibility to verify receipt by Manager. For notice received more than thirty (30) days prior to the check-in date; Reservations paid in full will received a 100% refund, less $150 cancellation fee per property ($250 during Holiday Season). If you have a Reservation Hold Deposit of $500 you will be charged a $150 cancellation fee per property ($250.00 during holiday season). If notice is received less than 30 days prior to check- in date, Tenant will forfeit all rent sums paid and/or reservation hold deposit. If Property is rented and paid in full by another tenant at the same rate for the same time period, Tenant will receive a refund of all rents paid, less 10% of the original rental amount. No refund will be granted on cancellations received thirty (30) days or less for reservation hold deposit. There are no refunds for early departures, delayed arrivals, inclement weather or reduction in the number of nights reserved for any reason. Trip cancellation insurance is highly recommended. If the Property becomes unavailable or unsuitable for rent for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to, casualty loss, construction, physical deterioration or loss of utility services, the Managers liability will be limited to the return of all monies paid on account at the time of cancellation by the Manager. In the event Manager cancels the reservation; Manager will attempt to substitute the Property with a like-kind. All monies received will be refunded to Tenant within 14 business days of cancellation notice.
3. TERMINATION: If Guest or any member of Guest's party or visitors violate the terms of this Agreement, Manager may terminate occupancy and Tenant agrees to depart with no refunds. Manager has the right to inspect the premises without prior notice at any time to enforce the terms of this agreement. Should the Tenant or their guests use the unit for any illegal or unlawful purpose including, but not limited to the possession, serving, or consumption of alcoholic beverages by persons less than 21 years of age, house parties or keg parties, beer pong, or use of common areas in a manner contrary to the provisions of this agreement, or the rules of the condo-owners association, the rental period shall be terminated immediately with no refunds. The Tenant shall waive all rights to due process for failure to vacate the premises upon termination of the rental period. Manager or its agent may enter the premises and remove Tenant, the members of Tenant's party, and their belongings. Tenant is notified that all individuals occupying the Unit will be subject to immediate eviction procedures under State law. IF MANAGEMENT OR LAW ENFORCEMENT IS DISPATCHED TO PROPERTY DUE TO ANY ILLEGAL ACTIVITY OR DISTURBANCES EMANATING FROM THE PREMISES OR GROUNDS, THERE WILL BE A MINIMUM $500 CHARGE TO TENANT’S CREDIT CARD, AND SUCH AN OCCURRENCE WILL BE CONSIDERED GROUNDS FOR IMMEDIATE EVICTION.
4. RENTS AND PAYMENT: Full payment is due thirty (30) days before you’re check-in date. Once full payment is received the Reservation Hold Deposit will be refunded within five (5) business days. Accepted forms of payment are eCheck, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, traveler's checks, bank cashier’s check or wire transfer ($45 additional charge for wire transfer). Reservation Hold Deposit payment must be made with a credit card. If Tenants credit card is declined, the reservation is not valid. If paying by check and check is returned for NSF, there is a $30 service charge per occurrence. Should Tenant utilize a different party’s credit card for payment, it must be pre-approved by Manager and there is a $25 fee per transaction. Tenant assumes all liability for any disputed or charge back amounts by said party. Rates are subject to change and no refunds are given in the event advertised rental rates are reduced. If a discrepancy arises between information or rates quoted verbally, on the website, email or otherwise, the rate on the reservation will prevail. In the event incorrect information or rates are quoted due to a typographical or other error, Manager shall have the right to refuse, cancel or limit any reservations listed incorrectly, whether or not a reservation confirmation has been sent.
5. SECURITY DEPOSIT/RESERVATION HOLD DEPOSIT: Included in the processing fee is Vacation Rental Damage Plan (VRDP)). If, during the dates of occupancy, Tenant causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts, and the total cost of damage is not covered by the VRDP, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $3,000.00. Tenant must notify Manager of any damages prior to check out in order for VRDP to apply. Any damages not covered by VRDP will be charged to Tenant. Certain terms and conditions apply. VRDP does not cover any smoking damage. Manager, at its discretion may impose a refundable security deposit in addition to the VRDP at any time prior or during the dates of stay. Refundable security deposits less any deductions will be returned within 14 days of departure date.
If damage is deemed by Manager to be intentional or caused by negligence, reimbursement will not be covered by the VRDP and will be deducted from the Tenant's credit card. Should manager be unable to recover costs from the credit card on file, Tenant is responsible to provide an alternative method of reimbursement within 48 hours of notification. VRDP does not cover damage of any smoking damage.
5a. RESERVATION HOLD DEPOSIT: Is a refundable deposit of $500.00 to hold you reservation until full payment is received. Deposit will be refunded five (5) business after full payment has been received. If you pay for property in full no deposit is required.
6. RESERVATION TRANSFERS: Should Tenant need to transfer the reservation to a substitute Tenant, substitute tenant must be approved by Manager, and must agree to all terms and conditions. A $50 transfer processing fee shall be applied to the reservation.
7. CHECK IN: Check in time is 3:00 PM. Early check-in is allowed only with prior written approval. Keys or entry code will be provided once all fees and charges have been collected. If for some reason, the condo is not ready for check-in you will be notified. Please do not attempt to check-in or visit the condo prior to notification that the condo has been cleared for check-in. Please notify Manager upon arrival so we may ensure the Property is to your satisfaction. It is advisable call us once your plane has landed. Keys and check-in will only be allowed for the person who made the reservation unless written prior approval.
7a. LATE CHECK IN: Any check-in after 6:00 PM need to be arrange before your arrival date, a fee may apply for extremely late check in. If your flight is delayed please contact our office to keep us appraised of you arrival time.
8. CHECK OUT: Check out time is 11:00 AM. There is no holding over. PRIOR WRITTEN APPROVAL IS REQUIRED from Manager for late check-out. Cleaning and maintenance are pre-scheduled, so adhering to the Check-Out Time is very important. An $80 fee will be charged for approved late checkout until 3:00 PM at that time it will be mandatory you vacate. If you need to extend your stay, please call our office to see if arraignments can be made.
9. LOCK OUT FEE: Should you or one of your party lock yourself out of your property and a member or employee of HI Paradise Rentals is called to open the door for you, a $100 lock out fee will be applied.
10. CHECK OUT / CLEANING PROCEDURES: Each property will be inspected, sanitized and cleaned prior to your arrival and after your departure. Tenant should leave the property in the same general condition at Check-In meaning:
a) Any debris, rubbish and discards removed from the condo.
b) Dishes and cooking messes cleaned up.
c) Put back any furniture or items that have been rearranged (inside and outside condo).
d) All remote controls left in the rooms with the TV's in plain sight.
e) Refrigerator and unit should be left clean and free of perishable food.
f) Any beach toys, bikes, lounge chairs equipment, etc. cleaned and put back in place.
g) Turn-off lights, air conditioner, fans, non-essential appliances, etc.
h) All doors and windows closed and locked.
i) Leave keys, parking passes (if applicable) on the kitchen counter.
j) If unit has a lock-box, return keys to the lock-box.
The cleaning fee is for a standard cleaning only. If the condo was left in poor condition and additional cleaning is required, fees will be charged to Tenants credit card on file at the rate of $50 per hour. A $100 per item fee will be charged for each lost key, $100 for parking pass and $75 for remote control that is damaged or not left at the Property upon check-out.
11. OCCUPANCY: Tenant understands and agrees that Property shall be occupied by no more than the number of individuals (including children and infants) indicated on the website, and day/evening guests are limited to 4 persons. A charge of $100 per day per person may be imposed for excess occupancy. Should Tenant wish to entertain or have more than 4 guests; Tenant must obtain pre-approval by Manager in writing.
12. AMENITIES: The property is fully furnished, and includes ready-made beds, 1 set of bath towels per guest, and an equipped kitchen. Furnishings and amenities are not new and may exhibit signs of wear and tear. Amenities and furnishings are subject to change, and may or may not be the exact same as represented due to replacement, substitution or other reasons. Manger provides a starter kit of laundry supplies, dish washing soap, toilet paper and paper towels. Since a limited supply is provided, Tenant should plan to shop to replenish these items if necessary. Manager assumes no responsibility for the quality or contents of any food products left on the premises and Tenants use and/or consumption of same is not recommended and shall be at Tenant's/Guest's own risk(s). Towels (except beach towels, if provided) and linens are not to be taken from the units.
13. TELEPHONES: Telephones are typically not provided. Please contact HI Paradise Rentals if a land line is needed. We may be able to provide one for an additional cost.
14. DISTURBANCES: Tenant and their guests shall behave in a civilized manner and shall be good neighbors respecting the rights of the surrounding neighbors and shall not create noise or disturbances that interfere with the quiet enjoyment of their property. Creating a disturbance of the above nature shall be grounds for fines and/or immediate termination of this agreement, forfeiture of rent and deposits and Tenants shall then be required to immediately vacate the premises. Quiet hour starts at 10 PM and pool (if applicable) and outdoor noise should be kept to a minimum regardless of the hour and in compliance with the local Noise Ordinance.
15. TENANT'S NOTIFICATION RESPONSIBILITIES: Tenant shall call Manager upon arrival to property to confirm arrival. Please call once you have landed. Tenant agrees to examine the Unit, all furniture, furnishings, appliances, and fixtures and shall immediately report to Manager if any are not in operating condition or in disrepair. Tenant also agrees to immediately notify Manager of any occurrences that may cause damage to Property or adjacent units and to take reasonable measures to mitigate damage, and be responsible for damages for failure to do so. Tenant acknowledges that unless Manager is notified within 24 hours of check-in of any damage or cleaning concerns, Tenant will be liable. Any and all damages, breakage, lost or missing items on the Property during the occupancy will be Tenant's responsibility and must be reported to Manager and paid prior to departure.
16. MULTIPLE CONDO RENTALS: Should Tenant or acquaintance of Tenant rent another property in proximity to Unit, no items shall be moved from condo to condo.
17. GARBAGE: Tenant shall dispose of all waste material generated during the rental period in a lawful manner and put the trash in the exterior trash bins or chutes. Tenant is cautioned not to leave trash in unit for long periods of time because it attracts pests.
18. SUBLEASING: Tenant shall not sublet the property.
19. SMOKING: No smoking is allowed on the premises. If smoking does occur on the premises, Tenant may be evicted and is responsible for all damage caused by the smoking including, but not limited to, stains, burns, odors remediation and removal of debris. Any smoking damage is not covered in Rental Damage Protection. All buildings have a designated smoking area.
20. PETS: Pets are prohibited unless a separate Pet Addendum has been signed in advance of occupancy. If an unauthorized pet is found on the premises, Tenant may and/or pet may be evicted and Tenant is responsible for any and all damage caused by pet(s), including pet allergen remediation.
21. TRANSIENT OCCUPANCY: Tenant expressly acknowledges and agrees that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Tenant does not intend to make the property a residence or household.
22. OWNERS PROPERTY: Tenant agrees not to access the owner's storage area, even if unlocked, which contains owner’s personal property and may contain cleaning supplies and chemicals that could be hazardous to children and adults.
23. SMOKE DETECTORS: The property has smoke detectors installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Tenant will notify management without delay if detectors are missing, uninstalled, "chirps" or have a low battery condition.
24. PARKING: Tenant is advised that in many high density beach communities, parking is at a premium, and garages and parking spaces can be smaller than normal. Tenant is advised to ask for measurements if parking is needed. No refunds will be given if vehicles do not fit in designated spaces.
25. SECURITY: All units have 24 hour security. Tenant must make sure common sense is used by locking doors, windows, etc. when it's prudent to do so and always when all guests are absent or the property is vacated.
26. NEW LOCKS OR ALTERATIONS. Tenant shall not make or permit to be made any alterations to the Premises or change or add any lock without prior consent of Manager.
27. LOST ITEMS: Manager shall have no responsibility for lost, stolen or abandoned items. Every reasonable effort will be made to contact the Tenant for return. There will be a $25.00 handling charge plus shipping costs for any items returned at Guest's request. Manager shall not be held liable for condition of said items. If items are not claimed for longer than 30 days, they shall become the property of the Manager and may be donated or sold.
28. TV/CABLE/INTERNET/SATELLITE: If provided, no refund of rents shall be given for number of devices, outages, content, or lack of content or personal preferences with regard to cable/internet/satellite service. Services are provided as a convenience only, and are not integral to this agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to service.
29. AIR CONDITIONING: Tenant agrees that Air conditioning shall not be set below 72 degrees. Doors and windows shall be closed when air conditioning is in operation.
30. SYSTEM(S) FAILURES: In the event the rental unit sustains a failure of a system, including but not limited to water, sewer, septic, electrical, gas, plumbing, mechanical, appliances, ventilating, pool, hot tub or other system or structural systems, neither the property owner nor the Manager shall be liable to Tenant for damages, and no refunds will be given for such failures. However, Manager will make an effort to promptly repair or replace the failed system or equipment, and in such event, Tenant agrees to permit Manager or its service provider to have reasonable access to the property to inspect and make such repairs.
31. NOISE TRANSMISSION: Tenant is aware if Unit is located in a high density neighborhood, it is therefore subject to noise from nearby residences/businesses/traffic. If Unit has common walls, ceilings or floors, noise may travel between and cause disturbance to Tenant from other residences.
32. UNFORESEEN OCCURRENCES: Manager does not accept liability for any loss or damage caused by but not limited to the following: weather conditions, natural disasters, pests, construction, acts of God, or other reasons beyond its control. There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies, unavailability of any or all parts of the Unit, or any other reasons. It is highly recommend that Tenant considers the purchase of travel insurance.
33. SALE OF PROPERTY: If unit is actively listed for sale, Manager will notify guest to schedule and show property.
34. WAIVER OF LIABILITY: for spa, hot tub, Jacuzzi, whirlpool, pool, sauna, pond, etc. herein referred to as special feature. If so equipped, it is the tenant's responsibility to learn about safety precautions, warning signs of water conditions, and safety procedures concerning swimming in or being around the special feature. Tenant understands that the area surrounding special feature is not fenced or secure, and there are special risks that may be involved for anyone, in particular children who are not carefully supervised, person(s) intoxicated, on any kinds of drugs or medication, with health risks, or if pregnant. Tenant agrees to explain the risks of the presence and use of the special feature to all guests at the property. Tenant agrees to assume all responsibility for Tenant and other guests, for the consequences of those risks and to be fully and solely responsible for any accidents that may occur. Tenant agrees to waive any claim whatsoever against property owner or Manager for accidents or claims arising from use of special feature.
35. RESERVATIONS ARE NOT FULLY GUARANTEED: If for any reason, the Property is not available or becomes unavailable or uninhabitable for the reservation dates, every effort will be made to locate substitute accommodations. If the substituted property rents for more for the same period, or remaining period respectively, tenant will have the option to pay any additional charges or cancel the reservation within 72 hours of notification of Tenant by Manager. However, if the substitute property rents for less for the same period, the difference will be refunded to Tenant. In any event, the sole remedy for any perceived damages, liability, or inconvenience is a full refund of the rental amount upon Tenant cancellation. It is highly recommend that Tenant considers the purchase of travel insurance.
36. AGENCY: It is mutually understood and agreed that Manager is acting as Agent only for the property owner and has no liability to either party for the performance of any terms or covenant of this agreement. Furthermore, Tenant understands Manager is being compensated in this transaction by the property owner and is contractually obligated to protect the interest of same. Manager hereby discloses to Tenant should Tenant elect to purchase travel insurance protection or damage insurance through Manager, Manager may be compensated by provider(s) for cooperation in the transaction.
37. HOLD HARMLESS: The Tenants and Tenants' Guests shall hereby indemnify and hold harmless the Manager and property owner against any and all claims of personal injury, property damage or loss arising from use of the premises regardless of the nature of the accident, injury or loss. Tenants expressly recognize that any insurance for property damage or loss which the Landlord may maintain on the property does not cover the personal property of Tenants, and that Tenants should purchase their own insurance if such coverage is desired.
38. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The undersigned, for himself/herself, his/her heirs, assignors, executors, and administrators, fully releases and discharges Manager and Owner from any and all claims, demands and causes of action by reason of any injury or whatever nature which may have occurred to the undersigned, or any of his/her occupants or guests as a result of, or in connection with the occupancy of the premises and agrees to hold Manager and Owner free and harmless of any claim or suit arising there from. In any action concerning the rights, duties or liabilities of the parties to this agreement, their principals, agents, successors or assignees the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees and costs.
39. WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS: Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing by a Manager in advance. Facsimile signatures and emailed signed documents are deemed original signatures.
40. CREDIT CARD AUTHORIZATION: Tenant agrees to provide Manager with a valid credit card for the duration of the reservation. Tenant is providing the credit card as a guarantee. Tenant certifies that he/she has read and agrees to abide by the terms of this agreement, and agrees to pay and authorize Manager to charge any rental amounts, taxes, security deposits, extra cleaning, missing property and any damages not covered under the Security Deposit Protection (Paragraph 3) and fines or charges pertaining to violations of the rental agreement. Tenant understands that all credit card sales are final. Should manager be unable to recover costs from the credit card on file, Tenant is responsible to provide an alternative method of reimbursement within 48 hours of notification.